Exploration process signifies a commitment to the community’s evolving needs
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL (August 9, 2022) – Driven by its dedication to continue providing the best healthcare possible for the community, Flagler Health+ is excited to announce that its Board of Trustees and leadership team have begun a formal process to explore joining a like-minded health system to help enhance local healthcare services and expand access to care in the communities in which it serves.
For more than 130 years, Flagler Health+ has provided high-quality care through countless changes, challenges and innovations. Now, as the healthcare industry evolves and the community continues to grow, the health system is building upon its legacy by advancing to meet its patients’ needs.
“Today, we are making the decision, for the benefit of our community, to join with a like-minded health system to expand access to care,” said Flagler Health+ Board of Trustees Chairman Todd Neville. “Our mission to provide high-quality healthcare to the communities we serve means we are constantly exploring ways to enhance our services. This ensures we are keeping our commitment to deliver the best care to those who rely on us.”
Flagler Health+ is entering this process proactively, which means it can explore options from some of the most respected healthcare organizations in the country. Specifically, Flagler Health+ is seeking an organization who will be the right fit for the community and who has a shared commitment to:
- Patient-Centric Care: Everything we do is designed to meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve, including providing personalized, compassionate care and expanding the range of local services as we move forward.
- Community-First Approach: Continuing a collaborative relationship with our community and recognizing our role as a trusted local healthcare leader are both vital to ensuring patients have access to essential and convenient care, close to home.
- Team Member Support: Our team members are the heart of this organization. Providing an environment in which team members can thrive with opportunities for development, competitive compensation, benefits and long-term growth is important.
- Building Relationships with Providers: A vibrant physician enterprise which includes employed and independent, community physicians supported by a strong clinical and economic alignment is a priority for Flagler Health+. Through these relationships, we stay in touch with the needs of our community and strengthen our network of local medical professionals.
- Welcoming Environment: We are proud of the culture we have built and our team’s vital role in providing the best patient experience through a comforting environment, personalized care and compassion during every visit.
“We recognize changes in healthcare and the growth of our community demand that we do more and be more for the people we serve,” said Flagler Health+ CEO Carlton DeVooght. “Our commitment to our community-focused mission remains steadfast. Everything we do is driven by our dedication to our team members, our patients and this community, and we are excited about our future.”
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR PATIENTS AND THE COMMUNITY
Flagler Health+ is in the early stage of a thorough and deliberate exploration that will take several months to complete. It’s important for patients and the community to know that no decisions have been made and the organization’s priority continues to be providing exceptional care to patients. The exploration process will not impact current daily operations, and patients can continue to see their current doctor and access the services they always have.
Visit FlaglerHealthForward.org to learn more about the possibilities of a bright new future for healthcare for our community.